Thursday 2 September 2010

One Down, Two to go!

Sprog 2 went off to school this morning, happy as Larry and excited about what she'll get to do.



She's gone into year 1 this year, and personally I think she's in for a bit of culture shock as she discovers that things are far more formal ....... and there are no toys! (Well there are, but they don't come out just yet! lol!)

Will she survive? Heck yes, Sprog 2 bounces back from just about everything, it's not in her nature to be down for long (she's a bit like me in that respect.......probably why we often rub each other up the wrong way!)
Will her Teacher survive?

Hmmmm. I still haven't decided about that! :-)

Sprog 2's teacher this year is a Lady I know very well and have an enormous amount of respect for. She's practically superhuman as far as I can see!
We go waaayyyyyyyy back (too many years to tell you about!) because we started as newly qualified teachers together, 1 Headteacher and several OFSTED inspections ago!

I've worked with her through many trials and tribulations and she's seen me through a wedding (when she and a fellow teacher hijacked my class and sent me home a day early to get ready for the ceremony!) and the birth of my 3 girls, the death of my Father and my difficult decision to give up my post and take up Supply work.

.........And how do I repay this friendship?

I've sent her Sprog 2! :-)

........Ooops! :-)


Outside the classroom
AM


Updated to add photos, Saturday 4th September!

Last year Sprog 2 came home covered in goodness knows what! This year she looked like this...........
Crikey! Smarter than she left home! Lol!
AM

No comments: