Saturday 11 September 2010

Loving the weekend!

Good Morning Company Girls! (well, it's actually almost 2pm here.......but I'm running late! Lol!)

Sorry I wasn't about yesterday, Sprog 3 and I took some time out after a hectic week and treated ourselves to lunch at the Garden Centre Cafe (her idea!), but come away in and find a seat..... the kettle's on!

Oh am I glad it's Saturday! DH is away on tour again (he's a coach driver and is having a busy year) so I feel like I've done 10 rounds with who ever is the current Boxing Champ! (I'd have said Mike Tyson, but I'm old!) I've taken the girls to all their activities that have started again - and Oohhhed and Ahhhed over their accomplishments as both Sprog 1 and 2 passed their assessments and moved up a level in their swimming class (they were both non swimmers at Easter) smiled as the Footy Coach commented on how Sprog 2 has grown up over the summer (which was nice of him as he's known her since she was 3 and an absolute whirlwind who couldn't listen or concentrate for more than a nano second!) and congratulated Sprog 1 on an excellent exam result.......achieved 3 years early!

In between I've fitted in a day at school, 3 days with the Home Ed student I'm supporting (don't think she think's I'm very supportive - I gave her some work to do! Lol!) and a lunch date with sprog 3 and DH at Pizza Hut before he went away (which I really should have posted about at the time - it was hilarious!)

Like I said in my last post - I'm shattered! - But it's only a season of my life, as I was reminded by a wise Mum of 4 I talk to on the school playground!

I love this lady, she is always (on the outside at least!) so calm and serene, and I've never heard her say a bad thing about anyone!
I first came accross her when her eldest daughter was in my class four or five years ago. She has 2 younger sons and another daughter, roughly similar ages to my 3, so we have a lot in common!
She is also one of the few parents who actually speaks to me........ I think I scare most of them - especially as some mornings I'm "the Teacher" opening their children's classroom doors!

On Friday we were commenting on how the week has seemed especially stressful now everything is back in full swing - Guides/Scouts/swimming/Music etc. In amongst all the usual parental complaints, she said something that hit me. I had a real lightbulb moment.

"It was so busy this morning and they were all getting at each other that we just had to stop and take a moment to pray that everyone would have a good calm day" she said (hope I've quoted accurately!)

Doh!!!!    Now why didn't I think of that????!!!!!  :-)

Why isn't my Faith strong enough to prod me to do such a thing?

I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'm not in that place yet, so it wouldn't have occured to me to do so (and besides, I always feel "funny" asking for something for me!) but I did think, what a lovely way to bring some peace to the morning and get the day off to a better start!

How do other people get things back on an even keel?
I'm going to ponder that and let you know later! :-)
AM

4 comments:

secondofwett said...

How nice that you have a good friend to talk with and share things with! I must admit that if I stopped my teens and said we should pray when they were all snarling with each other, that they'd all look at me like I had two heads! Maybe it works better when you start with them when they're young!

One More Equals Four said...

Girl, I was just talking to someone this weekend saying it is too early in the year to be this worn out! I desperately need to cut something out but have no idea what!

I agree, sometimes, we just need to realize that the world won't stop spinning if we are late or miss a practice or don't get an A+ on every test and just be still and know that He is God!

Hope you enjoyed your little time out and find some refreshment soon!

Blessings!

dawn said...

I understand. My hubby is here but has been sick and also has been laid up with a bad back--and I often feel like a single mom! I find myself saying I'm not sure how much longer I can do this...and gently I hear God say, you only have to do it for today. God gives us the grace we need each day. Hang in there!

Jennibell said...

Sounds like a busy schedule but I love your title: "Loving the Weekend" -- so it must mean, within all the chaos, you are doing what you love. That is great. And thanks for the gentle reminder of prayer. . .which that would have come to mind this morning as we're rushing around trying to get out the door and my youngest spills his cup of "paint water" all over another daughter's homework -- ugh!!!