Friday 11 June 2010

Company Girls Friday Coffee

Hi!

I've been reading all the Company Girls friday posts for a while now, and decided to take the plunge and join in!
Hopefully the thought of lots of people stopping by to see what I've been up to might motivate me to actually DO some of the jobs I keep promising!

Recently I've been very .... well not lazy exactly, but certainly struggling to get up and "DO" so this would be a great improvement :-) We'll have to see how it goes - I still feel pretty overwhelmed by it all. It's like facing a HUGE knot in my life. I know I can unpick it and wind up all the string, it's just a case of finding the right end to start at!

So, what HAVE I been up to today? Well, recent struggles and budget difficulties have left all the cupboards (and the freezer) drastically bare, so I decided that the only cause of action was to go and flex the recently emptied plastic and re-fill everything.
Because I wasn't pressurised by the need to stick to "the list" and only the list, and I wasn't counting the cost all the way round the supermarket, I actually had fun with my toddler. SHE got to pick the biscuits for the tin today (Hope you like Bourbon creams!) instead of me looking along the line for the cheapest, she also got to choose herself a comic - something she hasn't done in months!

OK the comic was an extravagance -especially as she decided to pick up one for her next eldest sister as well "because Cayin will be sad if she not got one when my reading!" (have to say that's Toddler's name for her sister as she can't yet pronounce it properly!) - but as I'm always trying to encourage sisterly love what could I say?!

It was so good to actually have fun instead of feeling so snippy and harrassed. I don't plan on making a habit of using the plastic to pay for my groceries, but today it was definately the right thing to do!

As for the rest of my "overwhelming" life...... well it'll still be there next week. Why not call back and see how far I've got?!

AM

6 comments:

Heather Anne said...

I'm glad you invited us over for Coffee - it's always fun to peek in to the lives of other Company Girls! I'm sure it was a blessing to re-fill your cupboards and enjoy a bit of shopping fun with your daughter. I understand the need to budget carefully and also the need to just splurge a bit once in a while too - as long as you don't dig yourself into a hole a debt - no momentary pleasure from a splurge is worth that! I hope this week is less of a struggle and that your feelings of overwhelming pressure are relieved! One day at a time!

the.bain.family. said...

how nice to have a pleasant grocery experience with a toddler! Those can go so many different ways depending on a million different factors. And it looks like you're doing a great job at encouraging consideration of others :)

Diane said...

Every so often it's nice to just go and not worry about the price, isn't it? How sweet that your daughter was so concerned for her sister.

I hope this was a nice, refreshing outing that left you energized for the return to your crazy life!

Unknown said...

It's so great that you sought out the joys instead of dwelling on the dark!

LydiaCate said...

Glad you joined in! It does help to motivate by just sharing and peeking in on others. And Rachel is the best at encouraging small manageable tasks that feel huge...at least to me.
Sounds like a sweet trip to the grocery with your little one. I too am in favor of the occasional splurge! Our spirits need that from time to time.
Hope you are having a great weekend! May you have a productive week. We'll be back to see :)
~LydiaCate

Anonymous said...

Welcome!

Sounds like you two had some fun. I hate shopping...makes me too anxious...the decisions, the crowds, etc. =p (hubby does it), but it's fun to splurge and try new things from time to time.

Hope you are having a great weekend.