Tuesday 24 August 2010

Christmas!

.... Yes I know, we haven't had that most sacred of days "August Bank Holiday" yet. That day that consisted of being crammed in the car in the pouring rain and a 5 mile queue all in the interests of "having a good day out" when I was small!

But I'm a (currently non-practicing) Teacher ok, so humour me! :-)

Back in the day when I DID have my own classroom, August was my time to plan and discover. To trawl though my collection.... my extensive collection thanks to my Mum (a former youth worker) and my Aunt (a former Reception teacher) ..... of craft books and ideas. To route around in the crisp enticing catalogues that came with the summer issues of "Junior Education" and "Infant Projects", coming with thigs to do with shiny blue paper and glitter in a miriad of shades!

Now I sit at the computer working my way steadily through a new cartridge of ink and ream of paper, creating a 'Christmas planner' courtesy of Organized Christmas :-)
I first came across this about 4 years ago, and found the 6 week 'Christmas Countdown' helped get me to Christmas a little less frazzled.
Last year I tried to graduate to the BIG 18 week plan, the 'Holiday Grand Plan'.
I did really well....... I managed the planning stage, the delegating, organising stage. Errmmmmmm, then it got to the "doing", and actions gradually pettered out!

This year I'm starting afresh, and I'm determined I'll keep going until at least my birthday in October.

.......Anyone want to take a bet on how far I get?!
AM

No comments: