Monday 15 June 2009

Getting Organised?

Well, I was right, I didn't keep the Blog up very well did I?! -And I'm still envious of some of the others I read. I've just the most amazing one - I'm an Organizing Junkie http://orgjunkie.com/ which I'm working my way through.

Being organised is my dream! In my final year teaching I cracked the classroom, but unfortunately I'm still losing the fight at home! -Mind you, one of my excuses (and yes I AM clutching at straws!) is that we live in a TINY Tiny little house!

It was fabulous when I lived here on my own in the 2 months before we got married, then DH moved down from up north, along with his record collection and overwhelming pile of Train spotting books, photos and notebooks. Added to all my Teaching "stuff" and Guiding "stuff" things got a little tight!

The DD12 arrived and Grandad (who sadly passed away last May) went doolally! PJ was the apple of his eye and anything she mentioned in his earshot arrived for Birthday or Christmas (we often felt he had missed his vocation, he was just the right shape and had just the right attitude to take on that famous North Pole job!)... so more pressure on the garage!

With the arrival of DD4 and DD2...... well suffice to say that we basically have just too much "Stuff" for the little 2 up 2 down cottage we love!

So. Getting organised. Hmm where to start?

Several years ago I subscribed to Flylady http://www.flylady.net/ - I read the testimonial's ( I often find them uplifting) and the "Missions" (of which I manage about 1 in 3!) and have tried to build my routines and family organiser (though I must admit I got that from Organized Christmas and then got hooked!)... but I just can't get "into it" enough to keep up the momentum!

So, a slight change of tack for this Blog (hey, no sense starting a new one, it'll just sit there cluttering up cyberspace!) - I'll still use it to organise my thoughts, but I'll also be sharing with you my journey into the realm of Organisation (or should that be Organization?!)

No comments: